Friday, May 1, 2009

Why are Senior Asians so pushy?

For some reason, Asian senior citizens tend to lose their politeness as they get older. I understand, we are to be respectful and be patiend with. And I am. In both these incidents.

I'm getting food at the buffet at Ranch 99. I'm paying for my food. The senior Asian lady behind me is basically pushing my shoulder so she can pay. Lady, I can't go faster. I have to wait for my food to be bagged and for my change. Trying to nudge me is not going to help.

I never looked at her, from the corner of my eye I can see she is old. I gave her my old people respect.


Next, I went to the customer service counter to buy a pack of cigarrettes. I put my food on the counter and waited for the clerk to finish talking to another clerk. A old gentle come up next to me. He puts his dollar on the counter and moves up next to me. When the clerk is free, he shoves his dollar in front of me and takes a paper.

I gave him my old people respect


A few days ago, still at Ranch 99, there is around 4 people waiting for bakeries. You know how it is with Asians when it comes to making lines.....who knows where it starts. So I really really wanted a butter bum. So I waited and waited making to sure to note who was there before me. Everytime the clerk was finished with a customer, she would ask "Who is next?" And I would not say anything, to let the ones there before me get their order.

After 10 minutes, I knew I was next. The clerk asks "Who is next?" And a freaken senior Asian woman cuts in front of me and starts ordering. Ok, that really bothered me. But I have to give her the old people respect. But in my head I had a plan. The next time the clerk asks "Who is next?" and if someone jumps in front of me, I'm going to let them order.

And then I'm going to yell "AM I JUST STANDING HERE FOR NOTHING? THE NEXT TIME SOMEONE CUTS IN FRONT OF ME, WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A FUCKEN PROBLEM!"

And those that know me, know I'm not kidding. One of my bad traits, I'm not afraid to make a scene.

Its like those many incidents where cars down wait for me to cross the road in chinatown. I"ll purposely stop in the middle of the sidewalk and dare them to run me over as I stare at them. they are stuck in he middl of the street holding up 4 directions. A few times they wait for me to move. A few time they drive around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment