Sunday, April 26, 2009

The living Dead

Last night, I went to Seattle. I almost turned around. What is there in Seattle I haven't seen? Well, I had nothing better to do so why not.

I parked my Van just East of Little Saigon. And at 7:30 pm starting walking toward the Pike Market. At this time, its Dusk. Thousands of people and families were headed to Qwest field for a Sounders game. They wore green and carried merry makers. They were a true view of what life should be about. Family/friends spending time together. Experiencing life together. Good or Bad. The way it shoud be.

At dusk, Seattle's Chinatown is like straight out of a Zombie movie. As I walked through Little Saigon and Chinatown, Store keepers are scurring to pull down metal doors. Huge metal gates are pulled accross their store fronts. I walk past a young Asian man as he try to place a lock on these huge metal doors. He makes a quick glance at me A look of ...yes you are the reason I'm doing this.

Like a weird transformation, At dusk, The Asian people disappear in huge numbers. And then........, the homeless, the drug addicts, the prostitutes, the pimps that circle around, The Living Dead seem to Magically appear and retake Chinatown. Where they hide in the day.... sometimes it seems to be a mystery to me also.

Chinatown's tolerance of the illicit activity at night is question many have asked. I mean, these mainly drug addicts stand out like a sore thumb ...so why Chinatown? Well, the answer is similar to where I throw away my trash. Everyday, after work, I go behind Ranch 99 and throw away my trash. There is always a few people hanging around back there. I'm sure partrons and workers have seen me illegally dump my trash into their dumpster. I'm sure they seen me, BUT no one has approached me and said anything. I don't know how to explain it, but there is a corrolation between my story and the reason why Chinatown is a haven for the Drug addicts.

No comments:

Post a Comment